Friday, February 19, 2010

Ellie Jane Whitworth






It's the newest member of the Whitworth family!! We are proud to welcome Ellie Jane Whitworth into our family. She was born January 31 2010 at 8:54 in the morning. She was 8lb 9oz and 22 inches long. Ellie as lots of black hair and a cute little nose that looks just like both her brother and sisters. And we are so happy to have her in our family!!! And here are some pics!!!

















Now for the labor story. If you are one who doesn't like these kind of thing you are welcome to enjoy the pics and stop reading. I just wanted to give those of you who are like my husband a heads up.

Anyway I felt my fist contraction at about 7:30 in the morning. It was what woke me up. At first I wasn't sure what it was. I thought maybe I had just slept funny. But Evan and Jed were just waking up too. So I got up and got breakfast started, not thinking much of it. About 10 min later I was pretty sure I was in labor and I woke up Sheldon so he could help the kid. I was starting to feel pain. Sheldon asked how much time we had and I said we had plenty. (the thing was I had been having contractions all week long and nothing came of it. So I wasn't quite sure if this was the real thing.) So Sheldon started the kids a bath. I changed my mind 10 min later. It was the real thing and we needed to head for the hospital. So then we debated over who to call. I had some friends all lined up waiting for the call, but it was early Sunday morning and they had kids of their own to get ready for church. Sheldon didn't want to add two more to their morning. So we ended up calling some other friends who didn't have any kids and thought they could get here faster. Well let me back up. Sheldon text some friend he thought could get here faster. But the texting took longer and they ended up talking anyways. So now we had someone heading over. (Now these friends of ours are really good friend and I love them dearly. But they took forever getting to our house. Now maybe it seem long because I was in labor but it was at least a half hour from the time we called to the time they got there.) While we were waiting Sheldon was running around trying to get the kids dressed and putting everything we need together. I was laying on our bed trying to get through the pain. And then my water broke!!! Everything went crazy, I changed my clothes (which was useless because with every contraction more came rushing out) and went down stairs to wait for someone to show up so we could go. The pain was getting pretty bad and I couldn't hold in my screams or at least noises in any longer. So I had Sheldon help me to the car and I sat out there and waited. (Then I could be as loud as I wanted and not scare the kids.) As I sat outside in the truck. Sheldon ran in to stay with the kids and was texting our friend seeing when they were going to arrive. He went back and forth a few time between us. And then finally we saw their car come around the corner. Sheldon jumped in the truck and we were backing our of the driveway before their car came to a stop. That morning was the first snow we had in a while and the roads were ice. Luckily because it was early Sunday morning there wasn't much traffic. Sheldon slide all over the roads. Every light we hit was red, we paused at one light and let a car go by but we didn't stop at any of them. But we made it to the hospital in one peace. Sheldon ran inside to get someone to come and help me. Some one came with a wheel chair and took me upstairs. ( which was a step up from last time, when I had Evan. They made me wake up stairs only five minute way from delivery). So I was in bed and they paged the doctor, I was to close to having this baby though and he didn't make it. But there was another doctor there checking on one of her patients, she hear my screaming and came to look to see what was going on. She ended up delivering Ellie. (She retired from labor and delivery about a year and half ago and now just does pediatric care.) I was grateful she was there because Ellie has the cord wrapped around her neck and it was nice to have a doctor who new what to do. ( With Evan, she just kinda ploped out and there was no doctor. Just a nurse with one glove on who clams she caught her. I think she just landed on the bed though). So Ellie was here and just fine, but my doctor still wasn't. In fact he didn't get the first page and didn't know I was at the hospital until 20 min after Ellie was born. Finally, an hour after all this was over the doctor came, stitched me up and I got to hold my baby!!

Time line
7:30- first contraction
8:05- call friends
8:20- water breaks
8:30- friends arrive leave for hospital
8:40- arrive at hospital
8:54- Ellie's born
9:45- Doctor makes it to hospital!
It was one crazy morning!!

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy. I am glad that everything is good and Ellie is healthy. She sure is a cutie. She has quite a bit of hair. Did your other kids have that much hair when they were born? It looks like your older two like her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby! I love her name, it's so cute. I cannot believe how fast you had her, you are so lucky!! It looks like Jed and Evan sure love her. We hope you guys are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers